- MY PURPOSES:
To My "family" I provide an ICON. Master, Father, Teacher, Lover, Mentor, Guardian, and MORE. Those who serve me and attach to Me find Inspiration, Purpose, Leadership, and a sense of Belonging, with Me.
To the Alternate Lifestyle Community at large, I offer My thoughts here and in many other places. I have consistently tried to share My knowledge of the Nature of Human social/sexual behavior, as I find that many people in our "Modern" world are unattached, unfulfilled, disappointed, and insecure.
- My focus within the context of these pages is on reconciling Human desires and feelings with contemporary attitudes and behaviors. It is a spiritual quest for Fulfillment, Purpose and Ultimately, Rational Happiness.
- I hold Degrees in Anthropology, Sociology, and Psychology and I have spent much of the past 40 years studying Human Behavior, from field observation, all the way to bench research dealing with specific Brain chemistry. I understand how and why Dominant and subordinate, behavior evolved. I am happy to discuss the aspects of microbial evolution upon animal behavior or the chemistry of Polypeptides and receptor cells within the limbic Brain. BUT those who visit this site are probably not seeking the kind of specific scientific knowledge relegated to the last few pages of the site.
- Human Beings are hard-wired to serve the group. We are happiest when our deeds and words benefit others and when our spiritual needs are met by an untroubled inner sense of self. Our sexual needs are more about communication and bonding than reproduction.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE:
- The Dalai Lama addressed His followers and the world at large at the millennium with the following thoughts taken from an Nepalese Good Luck Mantra:
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- 2. When you lose... Don't lose the lesson.
- 3. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realise you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
- SELF DISCIPLINE:
- Humans are the only animal that can make Choices. We cannot achieve Peace and Contentment, through aversion and suppression. These things come through seeing what is harmonious with this universe and what isn't, and deciding to act accordingly.
- An undisciplined mind is much like an unrestrained child, throwing temper tantrums, fits of wanting, and avoiding. If you wish to be truly happy and fulfilled, you must develop a gentle kind of self discipline, learn to understand when it is appropriate and to say NO to yourself. Learn to bring your thoughts, feelings and actions into alignment with what you know is true.
- SUCCESS for an Alpha:
I have enjoyed much success because I need only indicate My desires and others are eager to help Me. My agenda is usually achieved with remarkable ease.
As a young Man, in My twenties, I began to see how this promotes laziness and leads to a lack of Personal Discipline. I resolved to acquire more Discipline and to remake Myself into someone who could be proud of My achievements. I decided to make an effort to Motivate those who love and respect Me and tohelp others find purpose and energy within their lives.
Becoming a PGA Golf Professional was the most difficult thing I have ever achieved. Golf is a totally arbitrary and individual sport. No one could help Me to succeed. I had to Practice and whatever success I achieved depended totally upon My personal commitment and effort.
My "family" often seeks My counsel and finds energy in My words. Those who love Me and seek to please Me, expect high standards to be set and maintained. Working toward mutually agreed upon Goals, with Commitment and Enthusiasm, is the essence of Discipline and Self-Esteem arises from the effort as much as the success.
- WORK as Meditation:
What one does for work is an important aspect of one's life and a reflection of one's Ego or self, but I believe even the simplest of our daily tasks can be a blessing. Being "useful" can provide both a window into one's soul and a sense of fulfillment that brings personal joy.
The monks and lamas of the East frequently retreat to simple repetitive tasks to renew themselves and help them focus upon life as a process of growth. But remember, the value of any work is related to doing it well. Work can relieve stress and be a fulfilling experience, if you pay rapt attention to it's progress and focus upon it's quality. Work that is Physically demanding and intellectually simple is especially valuable for growing a better attachment to one's soul.
MIND and MUSIC:
The "Mind" is a function or effect of our bio-chemistry and of the the physical brain interacting with the Universe. Sentience or self-awareness implies a responsibility to shape our own thoughts, emotions and life experience. Thoughts and feelings are much like music played from an instrument. The mind is our instrument and the notes of this music are only limited by the imagination, skills, discipline, and talent of the musician. Each of us are obligated to influence both the quality and quantity of our music!
- Is Sentience the same as GOD?
- On the “Micro-Cosmic” level, the very smallest of scales, matter and energy dissolve into the almost subliminal world of hyper-complex, quantum reality. The world’s brightest Physicists and Mathematicians are trying to understand this quantum soup that seems to have been devised by Wizards.
- At the scale of normal reality, the “Middle Sized” universe is perceived with our senses and conceived within the human brain, where something biological and physical generates the miracle of the thinking mind.
- On the largest scales of Cosmology, the theory of “Anthropic Principle” seems to point to a spiritually alive universe that appears to be a finely tuned design for generating life and a haven for sentience.
- Albert Einstein wrote; "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."
- Freeman Dyson, famed Physicist of the Institute for Advanced Studies at Princeton, was struck by the significance of mind-linked properties in nature. He noted the appearance of a confluence of attributes from the smallest to the largest scales and observed that there seems to be a "mental component" to the universe. Dyson wrote; "If we believe in this mental component, and call it God, then we can say we are small pieces of God's mental apparatus."
- In terms of Organized Religion, Buddhism seems to be the most “scientific” belief system that has been embraced by any significant portion of Humanity. When a Buddhist Lama is asked, “What is the universe?” He replies “The universe is thus!” The Idea that “anything is everything” may sound mystical, but it is a very simple concept, that can evoke inner peace and sense of fulfillment.
- I believe that the terms of our existence cannot be understood or defined from within, therefore, we can never perceive the underlying essence of our Universe, as it is created and defined by our moment-to-moment thoughts. Sentience is the universe and we experience it individually and collectively through our eternal and immutable connection with everything.